MIJAS - A Must See
For a day, for a week or for life!
Hi, and welcome to Mijaslife.com. My name is Sue, and the chap sitting next to me in the picture is my husband John. We've lived in Mijas Pueblo, for several years now and are in a unique position to be able to share our hands-on experiences with you.
This is the greatest place John and I have ever lived, and we're looking forward to showing you around the area. We're going to share the things we've learnt, experienced and enjoyed whilst living in this magical white village in Andalusia.
We get stopped all of the time by tourists and visitors, not because we´re famous, but because we have the most adorable puppy. He´s a Spanish Water Dog, all chocolate brown curls and big green eyes - and he really draws the crowds. When we then get chatting, we can´t help but get excited when asked about the village and the area we live in. Our enthusiasm for the place and the people hasn´t waned since the day we moved here, and we hope to pass that on to you.
Here to help you
This site isn't just about helping those of you coming on holiday, we're also here to offer practical help to those of you who already live here, or hope to.
So whether you're planning a day trip to the Pueblo from one of the cruise ships that stop off in Malaga, planning a holiday in Mijas Costa with family and friends, or looking to make that life changing decision to move here permanently - we're here to help answer those all-important questions that you're bound to have along the way.
We'll suggest some great places to eat and drink for all budgets and tastes, from snacks and tapas to fine dining. The variety of food that's grown and produced in Andalusia is amazing, and the diversity of cuisine available really reflects that. So get your taste buds ready to be tantalised!
Around and about
Mijas is the perfect location to get quick and easy access to the province of Andalusia which offers "everything" in respect to its varied landscapes. We'll explain how to find the long stretches of golden sandy beaches that run for miles against the warm blue Mediterranean Sea, and about the vibrant marinas offering great places to try some of the freshly caught fish.
We've got stunning mountain ranges too, with pine forests and eucalyptus trees giving the most amazing scent as you hike through some of the hundreds of trails on offer. We'll give you details on some of these trails, how to find them and what to look out for whilst soaking up the breathtaking views. We've also got the snowy mountain range of the Sierra Nevada, just over an hours drive from the area if you fancy views of a different kind.
And don't forget the 'white villages' that this area of Spain is famous for, all of them offering a view into the real Spanish way of life. Exploring them and learning a little more about this fabulous country is fascinating and well worth doing - we'll even give you our Top 10 Places in the area to check out - even the "Smurf" blue village!
There's plenty to keep everyone entertained in and around Mijas. Young or old, energetic or not, you'll be able to find exactly what you're looking for here. However, you may struggle to decide from the huge range of options available so we'll offer you some ideas to choose from and give you a chance to do, see, and experience as much as possible while you're here.
MijasLife.com isn't just about John and I, it's about you too. We invite you to join in with all of the topics we're going to cover, giving your opinions, hints, tips and experiences. We don't claim to 'know it all', but with your help we can cover more information and offer a much more balanced website that everyone can benefit from.
- Mijas - The Early Years
- The early years of Mijas. How it's evolved into the municipality we know today
- Mijas Today
- Mijas Today is an overview of the current municipality.
- Living In Spain And Mijas - The Important Information
- Information about living in Spain, and especially Mijas. How to find schools, work and somewhere to live, registering with the authorities and much more..
- The Best Spanish Culture To Be Found In Mijas
- Much of the Spanish culture that we all love can be found right here in Mijas. With Flamenco dancing, a Bullring, Art and Wine Museums and much, much more
- Maps Of Mijas
- A selection of links to useful maps of the Mijas area. Be it tourist maps or area boundary lines you´ll get them here
- Important Telephone Numbers For Mijas Residents
- All important telephone numbers and addresses for people living in the Mijas area. Keep them close by for when you need help fast
- Our Picture Gallery Of Mijas Pueblo Offers Some Stunning Photos
- We´ve got some great photos in our picture gallery of Mijas Pueblo and the surrounding area. If you like the look of the area then why not plan a visit to see it for yourself!
- Getting About In Mijas For Tourists, Visitors and Residents
- Everything you want, and everything you need to know on getting about in Mijas. Plus essential hints and tips you will not want to travel without!
- All Great Bars And Restaurants In Mijas Pueblo Listed Here
- Fantastic choice of bars and restaurants in Mijas Pueblo. We´ve listed them all, how to find them, and given a review of many of them too. Which one are you going to try next?
- La Cala Restaurants And Bars
- Looking to eat and drink in La Cala? Here's a comprehensive list of bars and restaurants in La Cala de Mijas, southern Spain
- Calahonda Restaurants And Bars
- Looking for Calahonda Restaurants And Bars? Here is a comprehensive list that will make your decision making easier
- Mijas Costa Restaurants And Bars
- Looking for Mijas Costa restaurants & bars? Check out our comprehensive list of where to eat and drink
- Reviews Of Restaurants In The Mijas Area
- Give your reviews of restaurants within the area of Mijas. We want to hear about your experiences in the restaurants located anywhere in the Mijas Ayuntamiento area
- Spanish Recipes - Cook The Food We´ve All Come To Love
- Our extensive range of Spanish Recipes offers a chance to appreciate the tasty cuisine on offer. Show off to friends and family with deliciously varied recipes
- Hotels In Mijas Pueblo
- Looking for hotels in Mijas at great prices? Look no further! We'll point you in the right direction!
- Accommodation in Mijas Pueblo
- Looking for accommodation in Mijas pueblo then we can help!
- Hotels In La Cala de Mijas
- Looking for great hotels in La Cala, then look no further. We can point you in the right direction with some fantastic options!
- Accommodation La Cala
- Looking for accommodation La Cala de Mijas? We can help! Read on
- Hotels In Mijas Costa
- Looking for hotels in Mijas Costa? Look no further we'll point you in the right direction.
- Accommodation Mijas Costa
- Looking for accommodation Mijas Costa? We can help!
- Playing The Spanish Lottery
- Confused by the selection of Spanish lottery and how to play? We clear things up for you
- Top 10 Things To Do In And Around The Mijas Area
- Our lists of Top 10 Things To Do covers Mijas and the surrounding area of Andalusia, with plenty of things for everyone to enjoy whilst visiting this great part of Spain
- Business Directory For The Mijas Area
- The MUST HAVE Business Directory for residents, holiday home owners and holiday makers here in the Mijas area
- Expat In Business
- How does an expat make a living when they make that life changing move to live in Spain. We speak to those people in the Mijas area and find out
- Autonomo - Self Employed
- Becoming self employed in Spain is very different, here we provide an introduction to the system. - autonomo
- Event Calendar For Fiestas And Ferias In Mijas-Not Be Missed
- The event calendar for Mijas Pueblo and the local area should definately be kept close to hand. It´s a comprehensive list of "must see´s". Find out what and where they are right here
- Mijas Life Blog - News, Events Etc
- The blog for Mijas Life. For all the latest news and updates for residents and visitors to the Mijas area. From town hall announcements to events and latest property listings.
- Contact Us
- Use this page to contact us